Runners footcare- with Worthing Chiropodist Sue Potten
Runners footcare tips from Chiropodist Sue Potten.
Here our resident Chiropodist at Broadwater Osteopathic Practice in Worthing, Sue Potten, shares some top tips to help runners with the common foot care issues they face.
- Jot down the date of purchase of any trainers and keep note of miles covered. An average pair should last around 300 miles, but keep a close eye for signs of wear.
- Invest in decent breathable socks. There are many on the market specifically targeted for runners.
- Don’t pop blisters, but if they do pop, ensure you wash the area in saltwater and apply a clean, dry dressing. If you are very prone to blisters, it may be worth applying some Gehwol cream to areas you suffer with. This will act a bit of a barrier and help to reduce friction.
- Keep nails short, but not too short. Follow the line of the top of the toe.
- Hydrate often and hydrate your skin too, with an effective moisturiser.
- Massage your feet. Using a spikey ball under the foot is a great way to do this.
- If you experience foot, ankle, knee or other joint pains when running, see an osteopath or manual therapist for guidance. They can assess your biomechanics and see where any problems lie. Foot issues can impact your gait and running style, so getting a check-up is a worthwhile investment.
- For any footcare needs, speak to your local Chiropodist or better still pay them a visit.
Worthing Chiropodist Sue Potten
Sue Potten has been a Chiropodist in Worthing and the surrounding area for over 25 years. She has worked with our team at Broadwater Osteopaths for many of these years and offers a host of foot care treatments. To find out more about her visit her page here Sue Potten – Broadwater Osteopathic Practice – Worthing (worthingosteopathy.com)
To book an appointment with Chiropodist Sue, please call the practice on 01903 820206 or to book with Foot Health Practitioner James Barber, who supports Sue’s Chiropody practice click here Book Online | Broadwater Osteopathic Practice (janeapp.co.uk)