Stress is a part of all of our lives, so just try and put in to action a few of these tips and hopefully reduce your stress levels. Osteopathy aims to look at the person as a ‘whole’ unit. The physical, emotional and psychosocial. Remember a stress in one of these, will impact on the other parts. Take care and laugh freely.
Remember to accept what you cannot change. This is my favourite one to remember of them all.
- Breathe deeply – expanding your lower rather than upper rib cage when breathing in
- Get plenty of sleep. Be aware of when you are tired and take steps to refresh yourself
- Eat sensibly – fresh fruit and vegetables, wholemeal bread and pasta and cut down on fat and sugary foods
- Take time to relax daily
- Take time to play and laugh till it hurts
- Do one job at a time
- Agree with someone for a change it is far easier sometimes !
- Look at how you manage your time and set a timetable – do not overload it
- Do something for others
- Accept when you are sick and do not pretend that you feel fine
- Remember that the answer lies with you
- Delegate to colleagues, family and friends rather than trying toeverything yourself
- Don’t be afraid to say ‘NO’
- Be realistic about perfection and what you can achieve
- Recognise that you are a person with worth – just as you are
Stress and wellbeing help in Worthing
At Broadwater Osteopaths in Worthing we help many patients with the effects of stress and anxiety. For some, they come to see us for hands on approaches to deal with the physical effects stress has put on their body. For others it is help with reducing stress and refocusing the mind. Some of our therapists have a keen interest in helping patients with stress and anxiety, find out more here.